Join our team
Join our team
Join our small family team on a mission to inspire a love of wine, far beyond the bottle.
Front of House Assistant
Part Time – 12 hours per week minimum, including weekends.
Your shift times will vary with the potential for more hours, especially during peak times such as the summer season and Christmas. Your shifts will be within our opening hours of 9-5pm Wednesday to Sunday plus bank holidays (10-4pm). We may also ask you to work on some select evenings throughout the year as we put on special events.
How much will we pay you?:
The hourly rate depends on your age.
When does the job start and where will I be working
Alder Vineyard, Lewdown, Okehampton, Devon, EX20 4PJ.
We are a small family team on a mission to inspire a love of wine, far beyond the bottle. Born from a challenge to redefine how our family used our slice of Devon, we wanted to grow something unusual that we could all be proud of. With a love of wine and the land, we jumped feet first into the world of English wine and now grow 5000+ vines here on the edge of Dartmoor. In 2020 we opened our new kitchen and shop as well as our new on-site winery.
As we look forward to another busy summer season we are looking for someone to join our team who will be passionate and eager to create an enjoyable dining experience for our customers. You will have the opportunity to help develop our kitchen experience whilst creating a social and relaxed atmosphere.
Your role will be mainly front of house, serving customers who dine with us and customers in the shop. You may also help with prep work in the kitchen, pot washing and daily cleaning duties.
What’s in it for me?
- You’ll be part of something fresh & exciting and be integral to the success of our recent expansion.
- You’ll work as part of a small, friendly and passionate group and become part of the team.
- You’ll have the opportunity to learn about wine, growing vines and winemaking/tasting here at the vineyard.
- You will have the opportunity to take part in our casual weekly team catch up and wine tasting. (18+ to drink alcohol)
What will I be doing and what is required of me:
- Your main roles will include serving customers in the kitchen and the shop.
- You will make and serve drinks, serve meals and desserts, clear tables and take payments.
- You will learn about the products we sell in the shop and the produce that goes into our meals, to help customers make informed decisions.
- You may be asked to help with prep work in the kitchen and general daily cleaning duties.
- You will champion our mission and uphold our high standards.
- You will need a passion for quality food + drink and a love of Devon.
- You will need to be capable of working in a busy environment, as part of a team as well as using initiative when working alone.
What do I need:
- You will need to be 16 years old or above.
- You must have the ability to work as part of a busy team whilst being attentive and enthusiastic.
- You will need the desire to learn and be social and outgoing.
- You will need your own transport to and from the vineyard as access through public transport is limited.
- You must be willing to work weekends, weekdays and bank holidays.
- You must be reliable and have good timekeeping skills.